No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Finish on Strathearn Lampbase  (Read 6452 times)

Anonymous

Frank...finish on Strathearn Lampbase
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 04:43:58 PM »
Gary

Here are a couple of photographs I took about a month ago. Both are of the lamp lit. So far my attempts to photograph unlit have merely resulted in a black blob.
The nearest I can find to the colour is the very dark blue/black at the top of vase NG on Mr Franks rather excellent site.
From half way up then to the top it has a considerable amount of "aventurine" but none in the bottom half.
Unlit the whorls are barely visible.
It has the "lifted" channel for the flex as oppossed to the later ground out versions.

Regards

Gareth

http://tinypic.com/2mjtap

http://tinypic.com/2mjuo8

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 05:55:42 PM »
That one is Strathearn.

The ground channel is only found in the lamps made for Perthshire Paperweights by Chic Young.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 05:58:40 PM »
Hi Gareth,
             nice  , to me its got to be Strathearn, i have seen Strathearn vases which are very dark blue with sworls that you could hardly see unless held to a light, i have seen a Strathearn tulip in dark green with sworls and gold through it , they also like Vasart had the lifted channel for the cable , Mmmm  it also would look good in my collection hehehehe   as i dont have that colour either :roll:
                              Gary
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 06:52:59 PM »
Quote from: "Frank"
That one is Strathearn.

Frank...Is that just because of the colour or are there other identifying factors for Strathearn/Vasart please.

Regards

Gareth

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 07:03:05 PM »
Colour is enough as only Strathearn used it. Apart from that very little, although the extra row of whorls is less common in Vasart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand