No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors glass  (Read 3044 times)

tradingtreasures

Orrefors glass
« on: March 06, 2005, 07:24:16 PM »
I have a large Orrefors glass vase that is engraved orrefors , A4315, and what looks like 421 engraved on the bottom. The 421 is in cursive unlike the other numbers, and may have been engraved over other numbers or letters, I just cannot tell. Any help in dating this and the artist would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Maureen Parce, Tradingtreasures

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Orrefors Vase
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »
The signature for A is Olle Alberius prior to 1970. After that it was OA.
The number reflects vases made in the 1980's.
Can you post an image of the vase?
Bill Geary

tradingtreasures

Orrefors art glass
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 12:15:59 AM »
Thank you so very much for the information on my vase. I will post a picture as soon as I take one. Maybe you would be able to put a value on the piece once you saw the picture. Again, I truly appreciate your time, and I am so glad that I found this message board. Maureen Parce, Trading Treasures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand