Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Perfume bottles signed Elme, Sweden

(1/2) > >>

Della:
Hi All,  ;)

I found these gorgeous perfume bottles today, in Belgium. They are signed Elme.
Now, the only Elme I know is the one from Sweden.
Did they produce items like these? I have looked through all the books that I have. I have read that some items were signed Elme, but only the earlier ones.
Any information will be very gratefully received.  ;D

Click on image to enlarge.

TIA
Della
x

David E:
I thought there was also an Italian company based at Elme in Italy? Can't be sure but seem to remember there was a thread posted about a small glassworks concern, but I may have got the name wrong.

Della:

Well, David, when I saw them, from a distance, they screamed Italian to me. I also couldn't read the signature (too vain to take my specs with me) until I photographed them on the macro setting.
I do know that Edvin Ollers, who worked at Elme, did some designs known as 'Venise' and that they were incredibly like the Italian designs of that time.
I have now come to a dead end, having googled every designer that I can find (from the books that I have) that worked for Elme Glasbruk.

I will look into your suggestion.  ;D
Thanks  :-*

Della:

I managed to join a Swedish forum, don't ask how, I just muddled my way through. Anyhow, it seems that these are Elme Glasbruk, Sweden and by Edvin Ollers between 1926-1930.  ;D ;D
Just a shame that I can't read the other threads on their forums, as I bet it is a field of information for a Scandinavian glass collector.

David E:
I tend to agree with you Della - I think my mention of an Italian Elme was something of a red herring!

However, I do remember a topic that mentioned a small Italian town producing glass, and there was a web site devoted to it - something like Elme, but Ivo will know.

If I have time I'll dig around a little more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version