No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VERRERIE Glasshouse, St. Albans. CATALOGUE....... Circa 1975. Update c 73  (Read 9766 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Hi , After a certain amount of problems I have uploaded this catalogue.   ( If Frank of someone can delete a few stray uploads to the Catalogue section that would be great and if it is possible to sort my album into a more easily read state that would be great (I will try later).
Feel free to use any of my images for whatever use you may find, as I have no problem with that.
I would like to thank Terry Blackshaw for kindly giving me this valuable document. Here is the link...
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php?cat=10269
 Regards Patrick.

Sklounion

Re: VERRERIE Glasshouse, St. Albans. CATALOGUE....... Circa 1975.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
Hi Patrick,
So was this operation run by French glass-makers, (hence my comment regarding the ashtray/stubbers being a common form here), or was the use of the term "Verrerie" merely an up-market advertising device?
regards,
Marcus

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
Hi Patrick, thanks for sharing these. What date are they, BTW?

Just one slight query concerning copyright © - can you see credit to any photographer, or is the entire catalogue copyrighted?

I've normally found that reordering on the GlassGallery can be done by changing the title to a sequence, e.g:
VERRERIE Glasshouse 1
VERRERIE Glasshouse 2
VERRERIE Glasshouse 3

... etc. Hope that helps.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:22:01 AM »
Hi, There is certainly no reference in the catalogue to a photographer and I will double check but I think no mention is made of any copyright....  The catalogue is circa 1975 according to Terry Bradshaw.  John King bought the company and renamed it "Kingsware glass"
 I will phone Johnny King tonight ansd get the full facts..........................
 Regards  Patrick.

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:31:58 AM »
Hi,  How good will it be if someone can post a pic. of one of these pieces....................  There must be plenty out there !
 Regards Patrick.

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »
Thanks Patrick - I may have one of them - I'll check!
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »
Fantastic resource Patrick, I am sure I will come across these in my travels!

The catalogue shows what I would expect to be a moulded mark as their logo - do you know if this is impressed/moulded onto the pieces, it doesn't say on the back page of the catalogue, just mentions a rough pontil.

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 11:46:13 AM »
Hi,
 I have just noted that on the margin of the Colours page it says..... Photographed and produced by Eyepiece designs....
 Do we now have a problem ? I will try to google if they still exist.   
 Regards Patrick
 Ps. Have just looked on google and no reference to them at all......

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »
www.provence-shop.com  biot glass very similar, even has the ashtray and stubber

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
Hi,
 I have just noted that on the margin of the Colours page it says..... Photographed and designed by Eyepiece designs....
 Do we now have a problem ? I will try to google if they still exist.   
 Regards Patrick
copyright was owned by the glasshouse, and only varied if different copyright notice is printed. It has expired.

Generally, if the company does not exist and the licenses was not sold by the receivers, then ownership of the registered companies copyright defaults to the crown, specifically Prince Charles' duchy of Cornwall. If not a registered company, then the private rights of the trading individuals are used to determine ownership - which too returns to the crown if no traceable descendants. Basically the throne owns everything but allows others to have temporary (though inheritable) ownership. No doubt similar arrangements exist in other countries to prevent limboisation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand