No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VERRERIE Glasshouse, St. Albans. CATALOGUE....... Circa 1975. Update c 73  (Read 9755 times)

Offline Sue C

• Members
Hi Patrick, the mystery deepens? did you show him the catalogue?.

Offline gallenco

• Members
Re: VERRERIE Glasshouse, St. Albans. CATALOGUE....... Circa 1975.
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »
Hi, I have looked closely at the Wine Carafes on page 3 and they have the SHEILD....   Will post a pic later. In the meantime I am going to phone Jonny King who bought the glasshouse sometime in 1970. I am going to try and get as much info as possible, ie, Names of any glassblowers, has he any old stock etc.
 Regards Patrick

I don't seem to know how to use this forum, i keep trying, my name is J.m Constantini I was the owner and fondateur of the Verrerie of St Albans and i'll be please to answer any question on the subject
Regards.

Offline gallenco

• Members
My name is J.m Constantini i am trying to contact Patrick on the Verrerie of St Albns of Wich i was the owner.
Regards.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Hi and welcome. We  seem to have missed you before.
Scroll up the thread and find one of Patrick's posts. Under his name you will see an envelope. Clicking on the envelope or just hovering over it with your mouse will show you Patrick's email address

Offline Patrick

• Members
Bonjour monsieur Constantini,
I am afraid that is the extent of my schoolboy French.
It is so good to have found you after so long. Is it too much to ask you to give the history of your time in St Albans and also the time before. Did you use designs by others or were they your own ?
I know everyone will be so interested to hear the story.
 Thank you so much for your post here.
 Regards Patrick.

Mod - email deleted to rescue Patrick from spambots. To email Patrick, just click on the envelope under his name to the left.

Offline gallenco

• Members
Thanks,
I have sent him a message
Regards.
Jean-marc

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Hello Jean-Marc, welcome to the board. To reply to any message you just need to click the REPLY link at the top right corner of the post and add your reply. If you want to start a new topic you need to go to the start of the forum (where the topic lists are) and click the NEW TOPIC tab.

If you get stuck and need help please do ask, either on the board or email me directly and I'll help you out.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline sph@ngw

• Members
Re: VERRERIE Glasshouse, St. Albans. CATALOGUE....... Circa 1975. Update c 73
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »
There was a small studio glass works in St Albans, Herts started by two French craftsmen who worked at Biot. I believe it lasted about four or five years before closing. the idea was a tourist attraction for a Catherdral city!
Herfordshire Countryside magazine printed and article and photos and I will try to post it if I find it!
I may have sent it to the Broadfield House archives when I had a clear out of dozen of files.
If I get timne I will try Herts CC local studies library for a copy. Not sure whether they made these ashtrays there as well as at Biot, which is still surviving, unlike many glass works!
Stephen.  ;)

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
Interesting topic
Pic of Biot base here just as described by Ivo
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/stunning-biot-french-bubbled-glass-blow-vase_W0QQitemZ110279576423
Pete

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »
After all these great comments over the 5 pages of this, even getting to the point of contacting the original owner the history of the factory was never found :D
Something you like, mail me! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand