No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Exquisite lamp begs for identification  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Kees the Dutchman

• Members
Exquisite lamp begs for identification
« on: March 23, 2007, 01:23:53 PM »
Hi all,

About a week ago I bought a beautiful lamp at an antique shop in Belgium. It was claimed to be Murano, possibly 1930s. I didn't care at that point, I just wanted it very badly. Would you experts please have a look at it in the glass gallery? I promise you won't be disappointed, it's a lamp like none other I've ever seen. (big, too, about 50 cm high).

Thank you kindly for any effort you may want to put in. Please email me at cmaengels& planet.nl if you have anything to contribute.

Regards,
Kees the Dutchman

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5841

Offline chuggy

• Members
Re: Exquisite lamp begs for identification
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:03 PM »
Hi Kees and welcome to the GMB. I think your lamp is 1950's rather than 30's and is almost certainly by Vistosi.
Hope this helps
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline Kees the Dutchman

• Members
Re: Exquisite lamp begs for identification
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
Thanks Paul,

given that you're the first person to put a name to the lamp's maker, yes it certainly helps!
I am now trying to find more information about Vistosi in the 1950s, but for someone new to the field like myself, it's not easy.
For example, are you referring to Guglielmo, or perhaps to Gino, or yet another Vistosi?
I would be very grateful if you can find it in you to 'enlighten' a novice...

regards
Kees

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand