No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue flashed perfume bottle - any ideas where it might be from?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
I bought a pair of these small (about 5 inches 130mm inc stopper) blue flashed perfume bottles in a lot recently. 

Moan first:  I rushed in where angels feared to tread.....I had checked them, but didn't look carefully enough obviously.  I have so been looking forward to unwrapping them and cleaning them up, and what do I find?? both the stoppers have at least three quarters of the tops repaired (not especially well) with resin.  It doesn't notice much under artificial light, but when I got them out into the daylight, it was so yellow, I was amazed I hadn't seen it.  I think I was so in love with the shape and colour, I didn't allow it to register. ::)

So, question:  Are these good enough to take to a restorer and have properly restored?  Or are they just about OK?  Anyone have a country of origin for me?  I thought maybe French? 

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5845
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5844

thanks for anything you can help me with  :'( :'(
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Blue flashed perfume bottle - any ideas where it might be from?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »
Bo!He!Mi!A!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand