No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Monart?  (Read 5844 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: Is this Monart?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:01:38 PM »
That is exactly what I do Mary.
I fell in love with a beautiful Monart Powder bowl which I saw at a local auction house and decided I had to have it come what may. Then they came up with two Monart glasses (green again) which went on my must have list and again I bid for them and won- -it was an "ouch!" bid. Now I have to recoup the cost a little now that I have retired.
Here are pics of my "must have" items which I now have.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5956
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5955

i seen the glasses at Taylors last Saturday and was going to bid on them but decided against because of defects on the bottom of the foot, its a small world indeed
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline zidori

• Members
Re: Is this Monart?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »
It certainly is and for display in my little collection they are just perfect. I don't mind the little defects in such beautiful objects especially when they are not seen when on my shelves. I'm glad you decided not to bid on them Gary. I paid over the odds as it is.
Regards
Ronnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand