No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walsh glasses  (Read 8717 times)

Offline JPH

• Members
Walsh Glasses
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
Hello Bernard,
Although I have the utmost respect for dealers in this part of the world and find them most helpful, I also have found them to know very little about glassware (in some cases even less than me).
I do live in a small country area.
Example: the dealer I bought these Walsh Glasses from did not know that they were Walsh and it was etched on the bottom. I then came home and looked it up.
Hence I am extremely grateful for any people that are willing to support  learning.
Thank you all at this site that are so willing to assist.
JPH
 am new and keen... please forgive the base level of some of my questions.
JPH

Glass Collector

Walsh Glasses
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 05:51:23 AM »
Hi JPH
I have followed your posts with interest, I am a glass collector also and I live in the Waikato if you are ever around this way maybe I could show you my collection.
I have one piece of Walsh, and some Bagley, but my main collection is George Davidson and James Jobling.

Tony H in NZ
PS I am registered but I cannot submit a post under my name, as it says sorry name already in use!!!  can anybody tell me why.

Offline JPH

• Members
Walsh glasses
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 08:59:53 AM »
Tony, that is most kind of you.
I will accept your invitation.
I may be in your part of the country early in August.
I also have some of what I think is Bagley. (from Millars guides).
I have become quite adicted to old glass.
JPH
JPH

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Walsh Glasses
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 10:05:17 AM »
JPH (What do we call you? - John, Jenny, Jim, or Justine?):

Wairarapa sounds idyllic. I have visions of tall thin waterfalls tumbling through lush tropical rain forests with birds of paradise on every branch.

However, you confused me with "I do live in a small country area."  I was torn between a tiny pocket of countryside surrounded by skyscrapers and a region of a small country.   Similar sort of ambiguity to the pickled herring merchant and the old glass dealer.

Bernard C.  :)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline JPH

• Members
Walsh glasses
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 09:06:17 PM »
Hello Bernard,
I have replied to you by email as this is not glass... Wiararapa is idyllic, though more rolling hills country. one and a half hours from Wellington.
I am Jean. :lol:
JPH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand