No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stevens and Williams or what...........  (Read 7767 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stevens and Williams or what...........
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
Can I ask for clarification of  the colour issue on this thread with regard to the Rainbow range please?  I'm wondering if, since this thread is from 2007, that knowledge or information on the colours may have changed in the intervening time.
But on here Bernard says
' Most examples are two-colour, a few three-colour.  '

Nigel has said
'The colourways are: green and blue; green and pink; and blue and pink.' , which doesn't seem to indicate a three colour-way option. 

And I have seen one id'd as Stevens and Williams with a horizontal optic ribbed barrel shaped body and with what appears to be 4 colours rainbow effect, pink,green,blue and purple. 

I have also just bought a vase that I thought might be Stevens and Williams that may have a three colour rainbow effect and with bubbles, although since it hasn't arrived yet I can't tell whether or not it really might be Stevens and Williams, but I thought I'd start investigating anyway when I came upon this thread.

Any thoughts would be very helpful  :)
Many thanks
m

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:52:18 AM »
I put a nice S&W pink and green Rainbow bowl on ebay a few weeks ago start 25 quid not one bid , i relisted @19.99 still no bid  ,a nice neat pontil about the size of a two bob bit!!!! .i also have a vase ,,,, dont think i will bother .

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:59:01 AM »
JP they are gorgeous pieces of glass.  Just not the right time for them maybe at the moment?  Do you happen to know if they did this rainbow in bubble effect please?
m

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
I have had this S & W vase for some time. It was very badly water stained and it is half way through a polishing (it takes days !!or weeks in my case) but thought it would add to this thread. It is 22cm in height. It has a lot of wear on the outer ring of the base and is the term Ground and polished right for this piece ? I was led to believe it was 1930's-ish. (If I ever finish polishing it it would look great)
Pete. :-)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
Nice shape Pete.  How much does it weigh as a matter of interest?  I have one S&W 30's vase cloudy,and it weighs an absolute ton.
m

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »
It is a substantial weight. 1.995kg. I paid £2 as it had such bad water marks and the lad I bought it from seemed to know his stuff with a varied collection for sale, it is his opinion for the date. He seemed know their worth. (I checked  ;D) There are now only the scratch marks to go. Its fine powder for next few attempts and then a final polish.
  I have never understood why some bases are rough or in my opinion, unfinished. They have the tools to the job at hand and it does make a difference to any piece. Glass should look good from all angles.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
Hi M i have never seen a bubbly one only the two and three coloured ones,,, no bubbles and have i been around a long time ?!!!!dont answer that , law of averages i would have seen or heard if there had been one  .

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »
Nice price too  :o

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »
I like that , nice one .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand