No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID Help, Please: Swedish Glass  (Read 3649 times)

peachee

ID Help, Please: Swedish Glass
« on: April 10, 2005, 01:50:24 AM »
Hello:

I collect Swedish glass & just found a bud vase. Looks a lot like Orrefors but I'm not sure it is. It's about 7 3/4" tall, w/what looks like etched dandelions, weeds, & a pussywillow.

There is a signature but can't read it completely. Here's what it looks like:

Ekenes, w/a stress mark over the "e". None of it, however, is really clear. I've looked up this name & found it to definitely be Swedish, but can't find any references to an artist, or even a geographical location.

After that name is written clearly: Sweden.

And then:  L606/9124/2

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

-- Linda Alexander
http://www.lindajalexander.net

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:05:50 AM »
Ekenäs located in Ekenäs, Sweden. The artist is John Orwar Lake who was there from 1953 to 1976 - when the factory closed.

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 08:01:41 AM »
I love it when Ivo or somebody is so quickly able to answer questions like this!   :shock:  :D

But I would love to see a picture of the vase  :?  Any chance of posting one, Linda?  

Leni
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand