No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Who is Angela Bowey and What is the Glass Museum  (Read 1401 times)

Offline LADA

• Members
Who is Angela Bowey and What is the Glass Museum
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:22:23 AM »
Hello,
I am in library school and compiling an annotated bibliography of glass reference materials.
I was recommended the glass encyclopdia website by the staff of the Corning Museum.
I would like to include this website, but would like additional background information on Angela Bowey (i.e. educational background/experience) and the Glass Museum. Is this a virtual museum?

I have no background in glass and can use all the help in compiling the top 15 essential reference books on glass. If I was building a reference collection at a university library, what must have sources do you all recommend? Also what journals do you recommend?

Thank you!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

Re: Who is Angela Bowey and What is the Glass Museum
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:48:35 AM »
Hi,
Biographical details can be found here: http://www.gainshare.co.nz/gainshare5.htm
The Glass Museum/Encyclopaedia are virtual resources, as is the Glass Message Board.

Glass publications by Angela Bowey include:

Bagley Glass - the book
by Angela Bowey,
Derek & Betty Parsons

New Zealand Glass

the top 15 essential reference books on glass

An almost impossible task on the basis of what collectors, experts, glass technologists, glass-makers, and glass historians might suggest is essential.
That might be feasible if you use library lending figures for glass books, but would not necessarily include requests for reference library materials.

For a list of materials that I would consider essential, see the bibliography page at www.sklounion.com

Regards,

Le Casson

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Who is Angela Bowey and What is the Glass Museum
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:51:46 AM »
And here http://www.ysartglass.com/Booklist/Topics.htm is an annotated Glass Bibliography.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand