Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

John Walsh Glasses

(1/2) > >>

BJB:
Hi,

I have bought some glasses which were made by Walsh Walsh and are signed on the base "Walsh England", but I can't find out what the pattern is called and how old they might be.

I have 3 champagne, 4 wine and 6 sherries,

http://tinypic.com/4h45zc  Mod: Link dead

here is a picture of the 3 large glasses, the cut looks like Fostoria cube pattern (if thats any help!)

Many thanks
Barbara

Bernard C:
Beautiful glasses, Barbara.

If I have some time spare I will trawl through the factory pattern books in Eric's book to see if I can find them.

Bernard C.  8)

BJB:
Hi Bernard,

I hoped that you might know, as when I saw you at Loughborough last year you had some lovely Walsh glass. It was only because of this I recognised the name and mark as I read up a little on them in "20th Century  Factory Glass" beacause I really liked what you had.

Why, I wonder, isn't Walsh as popular as other makers in the 20th century who closed later than them. I searched ebay and couldn't find anything listed. I know the Victorian items do fetch money, but some of the Art Deco glass is really lovely, yet it seems to be over looked.

Just a thought,
 :?:
Barbara

Anonymous:
I hope that you dont mind me mentioning that there is a famous & collectible range made by the above & designed by Clyne Farquharson.

They should be signed & numbered to be of value, as the designs were continued after the original series.

G Man :)

BJB:
These are just signed "Walsh England" so not by a famous designer then, however I do like them.

I still think that glassware like this is very under rated and good value for money, a bit like Stuart from the same era. I know that the Kny pieces which are signed do make money, but the rest is very cheap, (under a fiver for most vases and bowls, which for Art Deco is a good value for money).

I know there is a book on Walsh glass but can't remember what it is called, the book wish list is growing longer and longer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version