No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki Trio...  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Riihimaki Trio...
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 07:20:06 AM »
Oh, that's an observation that someone should consider looking into.

Red #1 is over 100g heavier than amber #3, even though #3 is a few mm taller and their clear bases are pretty spot-on for the same height. I'm afraid that I only have one of each, unfortunately, so I can't do any proper side-by-side comparisons.

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
Leni, your red no. 1 vase - is it quite thick compared to the other vase? Mine's quite thick-walled, and you can see the clear casing right up to the rim.
No, mine's about the same thickness as the other vase.  It's actually that shade of red which goes (very slightly) more orangey red where it bulges out and is a (very slightly) more 'tomato ketchup' red where it goes in! 

Here's a pic which includes the green one as well http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Red_gold_green_arrangement.jpg
Leni

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »
Thanks, Leni.  :)

I like the green one. I never seem to stumble across that colour on my local travels - mostly just ruby and occasionally amber. My 8 ruby vases look very nice when grouped together, though, so I'm not complaining... but I need the space and the pennies. *sigh* So adios they must go.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »
They also come in the rarer lilac/blue colourway, which I don't collect anymore - it doesn't go with my colour scheme!   ::)

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-6562

I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand