No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: unknown weight can anyone help ?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: unknown weight can anyone help ?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 10:22:22 AM »
Seems I have stirred a hornets nest again with the signature soapbox of mine!   8)

What about the scenario though where a glass artist (or studio for that matter) has a specific mark (maybe an odd implement lying around, like the IOW coach bolt) that can be used to put a mark on less than perfect items that don't merit signature?  Maybe an X after their initials?   >:D

Because, as Leni says,  although the purist collectors may want the specifically signed pieces, for their investment value, others may just find the pieces beautiful in their own right, but like to know who made them and where they came from.

(steps down momentarily)
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
Oh, I wasn't implying that the IOW coach bolt implied second quality btw... just as an example of a possible implement for pushing quickly into a bit of glass....

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »
And I do have some pieces of your work which are not signed, because you considered them to be less than prefect, whereas I consider them to be quite delightful!  :D  So I think we need to be aware that sometimes an artist may not sign a piece, simply because they do not consider it a good enough example of their work for them to 'own' it, while a collector may find it a perfectly acceptable piece of art glass (or glass art!  ::))  You artists can be such perfectionists!  :-*  ;)

I think I know which pieces you mean! But I have changed my policy since you got those, because I am concerned that unsigned pieces can later be fraudelently signed with another name and mis-represented. So now the pieces you describe are all signed either A Aaronson X, or Aaronson Noon Studio X, or sometimes Adam Aaronson Collection X, or something similar.

The significance of the X has a double-entendre. It could mean the piece is irregular and has something wrong with it, at least from my outlook, but an X is also a kiss and the kiss is to kiss it goodbye and also a kiss for the purchaser to say thank you, because we couldn't survive if people didn't buy those pieces that we perfectionists downgrade!! ;D

These pieces represent incredible value as they are usually priced very keenly. In fact we are planning a mega sale around the end of June, so if anyone needs the dates, I'll have them finalised shortly. We have recently upgraded the presentation in the gallery and just don't have any more room in the shed!! :)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
My goodness!  A marketable name for the floor blobs.. the Kiss Kollection...

no don't groan... you KNOW it makes marketing sense to have a horribly kitsch name for them..... >:D
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 10:39:01 AM »
A marketable name for the floor blobs.. no don't groan... you KNOW it makes marketing sense to have a horribly kitsch name for them..... >:D

Much better idea would be to make some more and sign them Lynne X and call them Lynne's Kisses and then you could sell them for me ;D
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand