No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peter McDougall  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Argonite

• Members
Peter McDougall
« on: April 29, 2007, 06:59:14 PM »
Hi folks  ;D
Have managed to lay my hands on this rather nice (to me anyway !) Peter McDougall weight:

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-6740
And other pics @ 6739 and 6738

I would like to know a) what the pattern/design number is and b) when was it produced. It does not carry a base marking as a limited edition, hence probably from one of his 'general' series.

I have checked all my usual sources but have not yet struck paydirt - as always, your assistance will be very much appreciated.

Respect,
Roger  :-*
Respect,
Roger

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
Re: Peter McDougall
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:33:57 AM »
That weight belongs to McDougall's standard range. It's the G17. He is still making them.

I particularly like his standard range weights as they offer high quality at reasonable prices. The quality is as high as Perthshire's general range but he has gone a step further by including latticinio, brighter colours and greater cane variety. Some of his standard range pieces include complex canes. There is very fine stave basket that I am not sure he is making anymore (G11) and a miniature chequer with complex canes (G23). The Burke's site carries his whole range. http://www.paperweightsplus.com
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Argonite

• Members
Re: Peter McDougall
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
 ;D
That's brilliant - thanks for the information !
I like to 'archive' my paperweights with as much detail as possible and this - as they say - is more grist for t' mill  :D
I have been concentrating mainly on the Caithness LTD editions but every now and then I do buy something which catches my eye - the PMCD falls into this category very nicely.
Respect,   Roger
Respect,
Roger

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand