No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: local "99cents Only" weight finds (Pics gone / links broken)  (Read 15910 times)

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
local "99cents Only" weight finds
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38:37 PM »
Max I hope this is the turq. one you were referring to. http://tinypic.com/4qrc3m It has a lable on the bottom which is round and originally I think blue and silver, its a little worn. But it says Murano Glass made in Italy.  Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 07:42:10 PM »
And Finally Sue here is your frog http://tinypic.com/4qrc4p It also has a foil lable that says Murano Glass, Made in Italy.  Enjoy Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 08:12:36 PM »
Thanks Terry...mmmm....love that turquoise and chunky canes, it has a real retro feel to it, and I love that!  OMG!  I'm turning into a paperweight fancier!   :shock:  :shock:   :D

Thanks for the link Frank... it was totally fascinating!  Also, I'm still  :shock:  at finding out that KevH licks his paperweights, I'm not sure that's entirely normal.   :lol:  :lol:
I am not a man

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »
:D  :D Thanks , Terry, he really is lovely.
And I've learned that the pictures can be enlarged! I've got a whole lot of back-tracking to do here, to see things better than I was able to before. I've just never touched the odd "things" that came up on the picture, in case they produced adverts or viruses! (I don't trust things that computers do!)
 :D Cheers, Sue
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 07:59:20 AM »
This proves several points to me. Paperweights are fascinating and fun and so diverse what glass person is not going to be drawn to at least one. As we have seen the study of canes is so complex, but the wealth of information they contain boggles the mind a bit. And you can almost pick a subject like fruit or animals and you can find paperweights to satisfy. I myself really am drawn to the contemprary weights and have to ask myself sometimes, "How did they do that?"  Pictured here is an Eickholt weight dated 1992.  
http://tinypic.com/4r9nc1  I never tire of looking at it. Terry

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 08:17:47 AM »
Quote from: "glasswizard"
As we have seen the study of canes is so complex, but the wealth of information they contain boggles the mind a bit.

:oops:  :oops: Sorry!  I think I'm probably guilty of boggling a few minds!  :roll:
I myself really am drawn to the contemprary weights and have to ask myself sometimes, "How did they do that?"  

Until recently I really only used to collect contemporary weights.  My interest in (obsession with?  :oops: ) canes is a new phenomenon for me!   :roll:  
Pictured here is an Eickholt weight dated 1992.  
http://tinypic.com/4r9nc1  I never tire of looking at it. Terry

I absolutely agree, Terry.  It's a fascinating one!  :shock:  :D

Leni
Leni

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 10:16:41 AM »
I never tire of looking at it. Terry

What an unusual paperweight.  I suppose you could call it architectural?  

Tut!  Why did I just brush off paperweights previously as only suitable for old ladies?   :?  :roll:

As you see more and more, the full glory of them starts to become apparent, doesn't it?   :)
I am not a man

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »
:D :shock:  :D That's beautiful too, Terry, but I think it's more science fictiony geological. I love glass that seems to capture the power and elemental forces of nature. This one does it for me. But I'm still not really "sold" on paperweights. I like my glass BIG and in different shapes. :D
Cheers, Sue.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2005, 11:01:28 AM »
Sue, Trust me. Keep looking and you can find truly BIG and unusual shaped paperweights. I too like glass that is Big and different shapes, but alas space can be a problem. HAHA Terry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand