No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Made in Finland  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Made in Finland
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 10:24:58 PM »
Fire and Ice also has this as pompadour, p. 28.
Della mentioned three other varieties in Designlasin. Here's another: the turned top rim is cut off at at the top of the last rounded element, so it looks a bit different. Maybe that's where the confusion lies?
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-6624
(excuse the horrible photo, and the horrible green shelves :) )

Offline palo400

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
Okay I think I got this wrong, :P big piece of humble pie for breakfast.

RIIHIMAKI / RIIHIMAEN POMPADOUR VASE : NANNY STILL Item number: 220105077750

Offline Hotglass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 10:11:19 AM »
Thanks everyone. Its been interesting. Just another small wrench in the works ...Mine measures exactly 22cm and the base is 6.2cm not 6.5. Also that one seems to have a bit of a curve going up to the top / rim  wall. Mine is very square there.
I kind of remember reading , a long time ago, about Riihimaki taking over some of Nuutajarvi production when they both got taken over and ended up under the same ownership. But I might have this wrong ...and I can't find any reference to it now. ED.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand