No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any ideas to the maker of this? - ID = Holmegaard 'Åkande' / Water Lily  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Smilodon

• Members
I've been looking for a maker for this bowl. It's 8" in diameter and about 5" high. Its very heavy and the rough texture extends to the underside. Is it Dartington perhaps?
Thanks everyone
S

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-6769

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Any ideas to the maker of this?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »
'Åkande' (Danish name) or 'Water-lily' (English name) designed by Sidse Werner for Holmegaard Glasværk, c.1975. Catalogue/pattern number 304 01 02.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 12:14:09 PM »
Just read through my books.... c.1975 should be 1977. Well, I wasn't too far off.  ;D

Offline maryanntique

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:35 PM »
Hi without seeing the bottom it is hard to tell. Many made this type of waterfall look or bark glass. iitalia brand, glass designer, tapio warkkala made the ultima thule pattern like this -the bottom has bumps, Iitalia also made a similar pattern with a different bottom I am not sure of the name. Whitefriars made the bark pattern which is somewhat similar and viking glass also made a similar pattern and there is another I know of but I'll have to check my notes. A photo of the bottom may help. Thanks

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
There's no need for note-checking - there was a recent thread about these bowls / candleholders here:

Åkande Thread

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand