No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart glass- Balmoral Collection "Royal Wedding" set  (Read 2430 times)

Offline PHILMOSTON

• Members
Monart glass- Balmoral Collection "Royal Wedding" set
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »
I have a glass decanter and 6 glasses in very good condition with only a small number of nibbles on the lip unlike the one in the monart cataloge which shows the lip missing.

The Shape,colour and size is the same  as the one listed as the Balmoral collection “Royal Wedding” set.

Does anyone know the history of this particular set.?

Would any one like a photo of this particular decanter.

How would i go about updating the Photo shown on the Monart glass site,which shows only a damaged decanter. This is my first log in to this site so please bear with me.
Please help!!!
Phil
Phil M

Offline Pat

• Members
Re: Monart glass- Balmoral Collection "Royal Weding" set
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
Hi Phil, Welcome to the board. I can't help you but I'm sure Frank will be along to help you soon.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Monart glass- Balmoral Collection "Royal Weding" set
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »
Hi Phil,

Brilliant, a great find! They were standard post war production, just never catalogued - until we came along. But finding a set it quite something :)

If you email me the picture, use mail envelope at the side of this post I can do an update, as I am slowly rebuilding the catalogues on Scotland's Glass I can add multiple views as here Scotlands glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand