No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Do You Recognize This Signature. ID = Querandi, Argentina  (Read 6467 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Do You Recognize This Signature. ID = Guerandi
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
I can see that in the writing,  but it doesn't look like any of the other signatures for Querandi that I can find. 
Were there other makers with this name, or did other people put the signatures on?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pnutsateup

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »

*******************WE HAVE OURSELVES A NEW WINNER*****************************

Mr. Moderator, you may want to change the ID= before anyone else gets confused.

Ross, I am so glad you came along. Man I have been about to tear the internet apart looking for Guerandi the paperweight maker. If you follow the link in reply #7 of this post you will see how I confirmed Wuff's answer with picture 1 below.
Then I found picture 2 from a seller on eBay who may have his own engraving tool. Which would explain the printed signature. More on that after my investigation is complete. It will require a new post.
Thanks to you I quickly found picture 3. The top signature is my paperweight and the signature on bottom is a vase from a post that rosieposie replied to back on April 25, 2012.
    Members
        Glass birds and animals
        Hampshire. South of England.

Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 3
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »
That is really lovely Hugo, so different,  and I bet it is even more stunning in real
life......and signed as well.....you can't ask for more,  can you?
Rosie.

I also found detailed information about Querandi in a reply from Wuff to a post you made on October 14, 2012.
    Members
        Scotland's Glass

Re: Querandi Glass - comes from Argentina
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
http://www.optul.de/en-home-milestone.php
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.
I am just glad that is over, it was driving me crazy. Thanks to everyone for their replies to my post. With an extra Thanks to you Ross.
FIY Farfalla is a company that deals in glass paperweights from Europe and the USA. Owners- Monika Flemming and Peter Pommerencke.
Wm Ward

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 12:07:24 AM »
I hope that with over two and a half thousand entries here I am forgiven for not remembering the signature....but I do remember Hugo's vase,  it was fabulous!!
It does seem strange that there are two distinctly different styles of signature...I hope you will let us know what you find out.
In the meantime,  I am very pleased for you that you now know for certain who made your paperweight. :)
Rosie.

Offline pnutsateup

• Members
    • United States
Re: Do You Recognize This Signature. ID = Querandi, Argentina
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 04:19:51 AM »
Rosie, I called myself trying to detail the events of my findings to benefit the readers of this post. After much frustrating research I admit to being grouch. For that I am sorry. I hope that you and wuff will accept my apology. There are many more questions that I will be needing answers and being the new guy I need all of the friends I can get. If the moderator feels it appropriate he is more than welcome to edit my comments. Once again I'm sorry.
Wm Ward

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Re: Do You Recognize This Signature. ID = Querandi, Argentina
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
I really didn't see you as being a grouch pnutsateup,  in fact I was impressed that you had used the board as it is intended to be used,  as a resource for finding the information you need to identify a piece of glass.
Thanks to Ross,  you had a name to go by and found the same signature on Hugo and Wuff's threads.
Well done,  it is what we are all here for and I am chuffed to pieces that you have found the maker.
Inevitably, your thread will help others in the future, especially as you have downloaded clear pictures. 
Rosie. :)
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand