No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Shopping In The UK  (Read 1967 times)

Offline CherylSussex

• Members
Murano Shopping In The UK
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »
Hello Everyone

I thought I'd put a list together of UK shops I've found that sell Murano (new or old) as part of their stock. If anyone knows more please add them. The below are just from travels round the SE of the UK:

Harrods, London. Carry a range of new glass at reasonable prices, cheaper than in Murano anyway. Mainly Formia produced stuff but Harrods are happy to order what ever you can find in the Formia catalogue.

Liberty, London. Small range of new Murano at double the price of Harrods. Some pieces were broken as well. Liberty seems to aim at the the shopper who does not mind being really ripped off. Really poor show. Best go direct to Murano.

Mrs Pitocks in Arundel High Street. Has a large collection of old Murano and lots of clowns. Top prices but nice stuff.

Oxtober 1, hastings Old Town ( www.oxtober1.com ) display of new Murano with clowns as well. Prices are cheaper than Harrods, nice staff. Will buy from again.

There was a gallery in Dorking as well can't remeber the name and they may have moved.

I know there are plenty of internet shops but it is so nice to go and see it first hand before you buy.

So from months of obsessing with Murano I've only found four shops so far. Can anyone help me add to the list. Anywhere in the UK will do.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: Murano Shopping In The UK
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 01:57:08 PM »
Most London boot fairs....

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »
Thomas Goode in Mayfair does although I would imagine it's one of the most expensive shops in London.  An absolute treasure and a dream to wander about in but cheap it ain't!

Anyway, here are the details...

THOMAS GOODE & CO
19 South Audley Street
London
W1K 2BN
Tel: 020 7499 2823

(There's a very good NCP car park in South Audley Street)

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
Most London boot fairs....

Sorry.   :-[

That sounds very facetious.  I didn't mean to be rude to you. 
Of course, quality Murano is available new in top quality shops. There is a high end gift shop in Loughton Essex (I can't remember their name at the moment) who have Murano jewellery.

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »
There's a gift shop in Warwick that sell new Murano at very reasonable prices.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »
Dont forget Costco, they still have the whale tail in our one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand