Author Topic: 2 Iridescent pearl vases Czech?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Re: 2 Iridescent pearl vases Czech?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »
OOps Sorry that answer should have been to Sue,  ::)
The pattern is raised Cathy. Sorry about the confusion, I can take so long to get a message posted that I often answer the wrong question.Doh! ;D

Bryn (not Brian)

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Hiya Bryn, yes i have visited that site before, i think it is his personal opinion, but he does give some useful links.

Offline heartofglass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »
Hi Bryn, :)
nice vases.....I'm pretty certain they are Bohemian, the moulded pattern with iridised surface was done by a number of firms in the region during the late 19th- early 20th century period.
However I'm leaning towards Kralik....I have a documented Kralik vase (different design, it features applied cherries on a squat, melon shaped vase) that has a similar type of moulded iridised surface treatment.
A great book on this type of glass is "Collectible Bohemian Glass 1880-1940" by Robert & Deborah Truitt.
There is also a reprint of an old Kralik catalogue available on Ebay from the West Virginia Museum of Glass.
This moulded pattern is also seen on vaseline glass vases & also a pink vase with vaseline applied leaves on the top.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
Hi,
Thanks everyone for your invaluable help and advice. My wife spotted these 2 vases on Ebay as the auction was about end and got them for just £1 plus £2.50 postage, they had been listed in the wrong catagory. A great find for us but also a lesson to all sellers. I think the seller had carried forward from a formally used catagory in error and then had a fairly bland discription, eg 2 vases.
A rare find but I have a concience and do have some real sympathy for the seller. But we can't turn down a bargain can we.

Thanks all,
Bryn (not Brian)

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand