No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help to ID Heavy Blue Pressed Glass Fish  (Read 2344 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Help to ID Heavy Blue Pressed Glass Fish
« on: January 17, 2022, 08:06:27 PM »
Help please to ID this very heavy blue pressed glass fish.

Found one other on Etsy in amber but no ID, jut says 1960,s . This one does have a lot of wear to base.

Height  8.75"
Length 10"
Weight 3.116kg

Thanks Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Help to ID Heavy Blue Pressed Glass Fish
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:23:10 PM »
Hi Roy,

Interesting item. Looks good for possibly, Val St Lambert Luxval Poisson - Moulures diverses n°55 - catalogue 1934.

Hope this helps.
Greg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 09:07:36 PM »
Think it may be a Charles Graffart design. I see looking briefly online that the catalogue year stated varries ever so slightly, so would double check.

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 12:28:12 AM »
Thanks Greg
You have been a great help for a positive ID.
Thanks Roy

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 02:21:18 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline Mbullock

• Members
  • 😊 nuts about glass!
    • Swedish, UK, Japanese & animal
    • United Kingdom, Stoke on Trent
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 09:37:22 AM »
Hi there

I believe it is by the Swedish maker Pukeberg. There is currently one on eBay for sale. Sorry new so not got used to adding links etc yet but a simple search of Pukeberg fish should bring it up.

I know you posted this in January but I thought I would still give my opinion. I amongst all my other glass collections have quite a few Pukeberg pieces and was looking at the blue fish just today to possibly add to my collection.

Take care,

Meachelle
Being kind to each other, does not take much😁
I collect a wide variety but proud of my animal collections, my WF full colour set of nailhead vases, my near complete collections of Darlek vases,& Mat Johansson 3D paperweights. Gobel frosted, Pukeberg, Liskeard, Lindshammer, Hadeline, Nybro, Dansk (metal and glass) Pirelli and other end of days animal and OMG so much more. Too many collections than I have space!!

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »
Hi Meachelle, welcome to the Glass Message Board.

Roy's fish does seem to be a good match for the Luxval example in the VSL catalogue. It would be interesting to compare the Pukeberg fish you refer too, does that one also weigh around the 3kg mark?

I can't seem to locate the one on eBay you refer too, if you are having trouble pasting a link, could you possibly post the eBay item number?

Many thanks
Greg

Offline Mbullock

• Members
  • 😊 nuts about glass!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated  :)

I cannot find it on eBay either, I even checked the sold section. How bizarre I must have dreamt it lol

On reflection I did look at the Pukeberg clear glass fish and this looks nothing like yours and maybe you are right and I have been hasty in my judgement. Sorrie lol.. but us newbies got to learn lol :o :o

Take care and nice to meet you too,

Meachelle
I collect a wide variety but proud of my animal collections, my WF full colour set of nailhead vases, my near complete collections of Darlek vases,& Mat Johansson 3D paperweights. Gobel frosted, Pukeberg, Liskeard, Lindshammer, Hadeline, Nybro, Dansk (metal and glass) Pirelli and other end of days animal and OMG so much more. Too many collections than I have space!!

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 11:22:47 AM »
Hi Meachelle,

Thank you for checking its much appreciated.

The fish belongs to Roy, unfortunately, it's not mine!

It's always nice to get other views and input, which is what the GMB is really all about. Hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
Greg

Offline Mbullock

• Members
  • 😊 nuts about glass!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 08:14:44 AM »
Thanks Greg for your kind words and warm welcome :) So far I have been made to feel welcome by all, a sort of home for us collectors to come to and talk about new finds.

When your family look at you blankly when you get excited over a new find lol. I plan to stay awhile and hope to get to know you all a bit better.

I consider myself a glass nut and have lots of varied collections but as with any subjects there is always stuff to learn. Many of you will have a lot more expertise than myself but I am hoping the more I research and learn, the more I can contribute and help others too.

Take care everyone,

Meachelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand