Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Caithness 'White Heather'

(1/1)

Leni:
I've just obtained a Caithness weight entitled 'White Heather', which the book tells me is a Willy Manson design from 1987.  It's a BIG heavy weight, with a very high dome.  http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Caithness_White_Heather.jpg

Now, I'm wondering just why only 93 were made, when 500 were planned?  Did it turn out to be too difficult to make?  Were there too many 'seconds' as a result?  Was it too expensive to produce?  Did it just not sell well enough?  Does anyone know?  (Or should I just email Allan and ask him?  :D ;) )

ALLAN:
It could be that it just didn't sell well,I will try and find out but there is not many of us left at Caithness from that era now to ask :).

Leni:
Thanks, Allan :)  I notice from the book that several of the limited edition weights at that time were closed at less than their intended number.  Perhaps it was just a 'bad patch', for whatever reason  :-\  I'd love to know, if you can find out. 

And I must say that your remark about how there are not many of you left from that era makes me very sad  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version