No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2 Iridescent pearl vases Czech?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Re: 2 Iridescent pearl vases Czech?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »
OOps Sorry that answer should have been to Sue,  ::)
The pattern is raised Cathy. Sorry about the confusion, I can take so long to get a message posted that I often answer the wrong question.Doh! ;D

Bryn (not Brian)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Hiya Bryn, yes i have visited that site before, i think it is his personal opinion, but he does give some useful links.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline heartofglass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »
Hi Bryn, :)
nice vases.....I'm pretty certain they are Bohemian, the moulded pattern with iridised surface was done by a number of firms in the region during the late 19th- early 20th century period.
However I'm leaning towards Kralik....I have a documented Kralik vase (different design, it features applied cherries on a squat, melon shaped vase) that has a similar type of moulded iridised surface treatment.
A great book on this type of glass is "Collectible Bohemian Glass 1880-1940" by Robert & Deborah Truitt.
There is also a reprint of an old Kralik catalogue available on Ebay from the West Virginia Museum of Glass.
This moulded pattern is also seen on vaseline glass vases & also a pink vase with vaseline applied leaves on the top.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
Hi,
Thanks everyone for your invaluable help and advice. My wife spotted these 2 vases on Ebay as the auction was about end and got them for just £1 plus £2.50 postage, they had been listed in the wrong catagory. A great find for us but also a lesson to all sellers. I think the seller had carried forward from a formally used catagory in error and then had a fairly bland discription, eg 2 vases.
A rare find but I have a concience and do have some real sympathy for the seller. But we can't turn down a bargain can we.

Thanks all,
Bryn (not Brian)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand