No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Max, Pip, Robbo or any other Riihimaki fans??  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Max, Pip, Robbo or any other Riihimaki fans??
« on: May 12, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »

Hi all,

I am trying to catalogue my Riihimaen Lasi pieces.  ::) All of these are my own photos and some are just one example of a few varying sizes that I have. Nearly all pieces are signed or labelled, or documented somewhere in one of my books, or on the net, but I am having a couple of problems in finding designers for some and possible dates.

If one of you very kind people reading this thread could take the time to have a look at this little slide show, I would be very grateful. I have numbered all photos (top left hand side). I haven't got the hang of taking photos as well as Nic or Pip, but I am getting better  :-\

Any missing information that anyone may have, will be most gratefully received.

TIA
Della
x
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Pat

• Members
Re: Max, Pip, Robbo or any other Riihimaki fans??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 07:07:54 PM »
Della, I have a vase similar to 016 but slightly more bullet or tear drop shaped signed by Aimo Okkolin.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »

Thanks, Pat. I have that one in 3 sizes and opted to photo the middle sized one. The smaller size is just like a bullet.  :D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 07:54:08 PM »
Hi Della,

As far as I know Tellus and Arpa on Heitetty are both Erkkitapio Siiroinen not Okkolin. Pip has a couple of #22 in her shop as Nanny Still / 1969 so may know more about that one.

I'll have a look through the rest and let you know if I can add anything.  ;D

robbo
robbo

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 07:58:35 PM »

OOPS  :-[ :-[ Did I really write that??? What a BIG slip up. Thanks Robbo :hug:

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 08:44:50 PM »
Hi Della, your pictures are fab - what are you on about?!?

Anyway, I've looked at your slide show and double checked in several books here and some of the info I've got for your vases contradicts what you've got  :-\ - but, for what it's worth here you go ...

28 = Tamara Aladin, 1969-70
22 = Nanny Still, 1969
18 = Nanny Still, 1970
005 = 1970
016 = Nanny Still, 1969-70

Hope this helps?

Pip

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »
:hug: Thanks a million Pip. I will go and check now.  ;D
I have looked in numerous books and dates seem to be different depending on which book you use.  :-\

P.S. Just double checked no.18. In Fire & Sea, and Smoke & Ice, pg.28 in both books, it is given as being attributed to Tamara Aladin  :-\

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 09:21:02 PM »
I'd go with the Leslie Pina attribution then in this instance Della - I won't name my source but I think yours is more reliable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand