No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ELIO QUARISA  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Sue C

• Members
ELIO QUARISA
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »
HELLO, i thought i would let all you murano collectors know of a site i found in philadelphia called the east falls glassworks, i have posted this in the cafe too, they are making venitian goblets and have a master called Elio Quarist who worked for Barovia giving classes, its realy very interseting.

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
ELIO QUARISA
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline eastfallsglass

• Members
    • http://www.eastfallsglass.com
Elio Quarisa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
Thanks for the kind reference to our site.  Yes, we are extremely privileged to have a true Maestro teaching at our shop.  He is an accomplished glassblower and makes for the demonstrations anything that we ask from any of our books.  He seems to prefer the older Salviati style work with dragons, seahorses, swans, gold-leaf, etc.  He will be teaching here next the last week of February 2007.

The studio has quite a collection of work that he made during his last visit and may pick up some more work after the next visit.  He has asked for some solid color bar for the next visit, which leads me to believe that he wants to make work incorporating lots of murrine and cane, maybe some Pezzato style work or reticello/latticino/mezzo-filigree type stuff.

I will post pictures on our website of some of the work that he makes, and if folks are interested in here, I can post some links here as well.  Also, we are more of a production studio than a gallery, so we have a hard time selling the work that he makes (it is a bit more 'traditional' than the current style seems to favor).  If anyone would like some information about what we currently have, or has any requests for the next time he visits, please let me know.  

Here are direct links to our pages with information about Elio:
Information about Elio's last visit.
Some of the work he made during the last visit.
A page with details of his next class here.

Thanks -jon
ast Falls Glassworks
Glass Studio and Gallery in Philadelphia
3510 Scotts Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19129

215-908-7924

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
ELIO QUARISA
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »
Hi and welcome to GMB!

Please feel free to add more information on items from your production studios.

I was fascinated by Elio Quarisa's latest work - truly exquisite 8)
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Sue C

• Members
ELIO QUARISA
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:14:20 PM »
:shock: Hi Jon, and welcome to the GMB, here you will find authors, artists, and collectors from all over the world who are passionate about glass, i am a new member and they have made me feel very welcome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand