No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lovely blue pressed glass vase, Czech ID=Hanus, Sklo Union Czechoslovakia  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Gill

• Members
  Picked up this lovely vase a few days ago. The height is 26cms and it's 12cms at it's widest point at the rim. the base rim is typically "art deco" but the photo wouldn't load, I'll have another go. Couldn't find it on Pamela's excellent site. I'm thinking Czech ( i usually do when I don't know what it is) Can anyone help with ID please? Cheers, Gill

URL: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7191

URL: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7190

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Lovely blue pressed glass vase, Czech?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
Hi, this is a piece of Sklo Union glass (Czech as you rightly deduced). I've had this in green and the Sklo Union maestro, Marcus, did actually give me the correct designer and pattern number but I'm blowed if I can find it now!  I'll have a root around on here - we've talked about these before and I think that is where Marcus gave the details (or, even better, he'll be along to tell you himself).

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »
Hi Gill,
As Pip says,Sklo Union, but originally made by VHJ Obalovane a Lisovane Sklo.
Designer was Vaclav Hanus, pattern number 12992, and made at Rudolfova Hut' from @ 1957.
These were still being made as late as in 1986, and possibly after that.
regards,
Marcus.

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:43:13 AM »
Oh you guys are brilliant! Thankyou very much. Gratifying that my hunch was right for once, cheers, Gill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand