No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dartington Victoria & Albert Range  (Read 2077 times)

Offline ultimatecodfather

• Members
    • Northeast Scotlands premier gutter cleaning service
Dartington Victoria & Albert Range
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:15:47 PM »
Hi all
How popular/common is this range (V&A) the thing is i have a vase exactly the same as one listed on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220115536232&rd=1&rd=1 but can not find another example on the net anywhere. perhaps i havent looked hard enough. Would the value be as high as £125?
Cheers
Ian
Best Gutter cleaning
http://www.GutterZ.co.uk/

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Dartington Victoria & Albert Range
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »
Ian, you will get the answer to both your questions (how popular is the range and what is the value) by watching this auction to it's end!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:07:08 PM »
Pip's right of course, but there seems to be a similar wording here:  ;)
http://www.stylendesign.co.uk/classic/G157.html

The auction will be the reality test.  :)
I am not a man

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »
 ;D

I know nothing about any range for the V&A, but I'm sure the cranberry stuff was about the last range produced by the very short-lived Dartington Studio - to my knowledge, it was the price of using real gold to make the colour that hiked the price of making it out of being commercial, and was the end of the Studio!

This may be a completely different range, though - the mark is totally different to the Studio mark.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »
Ian, I've just received my copy of the new Frank Thrower & Dartington Glass book - I've had a quick look through and checked in the index and this range doesn't appear to be mentioned.  If I do come across any mention whilst reading through it I'll post back on here.

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »
Dartington sold some item's through the V&A shop, i wonder if this is what the seller mean's, if so the vase the price they are asking is silly.

Offline ultimatecodfather

• Members
    • Northeast Scotlands premier gutter cleaning service
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Best Gutter cleaning
http://www.GutterZ.co.uk/

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
'Worth' is a difficult one anyway - it could well be worth even more than what they were asking but the eBay.co.uk market is very depressed now, partly because of seasonal trends made worse by the recent visibility changes for UK items on eBay.com - it will take a while for it all to settle down.  So, basically ignore my initial posting - I didn't really fully take into consideration the awful current UK market conditions.

Offline knowles

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »
The 4 D's arranged in a circle look very like the Royal Doulton mark on much of the Doulton table glass, though they are either acid etched or sand engraved ?? !! :huh: These are distinctly moulded in which I have not seen before and I cann't remember who made Doultons glassware. Did Dartington make glass for Doulton - anyway I have one of these too going on sale in York (Stonegate) at a far more modest price, perhaps I need to do more research !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand