No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identification of Mark -- help needed  (Read 2629 times)

Offline ShellyAnn

• Members
Identification of Mark -- help needed
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:16:27 AM »
I have a paperweight that is made in the floral/bubble style of Joe St. Clair and Joe Rice. The problem is, it is signed Joe Mc. The "c" is a small "c" and is inline with the top of the "M" and underlined - as though it was short for "Mc" something. It is blue and white with the clear blubbles and is 12-1/2  inches around at its widest point. If anyone knows who the maker is, I would appreciate any information. Thanks, ShellyAnn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline karelm

• Members
Re: Identification of Mark -- help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »
Hi,
Pictures would be helpfull.  If you go to the top of the paperweight page you will find a message about "Posting Pictures" follow the instructions and download the software.
I am sure that once you post a picture somebody will be able to give you an answer.
Kind regards
Karel
"Holy cows make the best steaks"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline alpha

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 01:38:26 AM »
Possibly Haskell “Joe” McCallister, who ususally signs as “Joe McCallister” - are you sure some of the stamp did not reproduce?

Offline ShellyAnn

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 02:45:25 AM »
The area for the stamp is about the size of a nickel. It is marked (stamped) J O E on top and then underneath you see the "Mc" where the "c" is underlined and up in line with the top of the "M". There wouldn't be any more room for a longer last name. These markings are centered in the middle of the nickel-sized space. They're not around the rim the way I've seen the St. Clair markings. I'm working on a picture, but my camera isn't that good. I doubt I'll be able to capture the marking, but you will be able to see the style of the object. It weighs about 2-1/2 pounds. Thanks for your help! Shelly

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 07:03:33 AM »

Is this the one? I'm not sure where I got the picture from - just found it in my "stamp collection".
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline ShellyAnn

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »
Yep, that is it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum