No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Edward Bowman & Son, Ltd.  (Read 2884 times)

Online Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Edward Bowman & Son, Ltd.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »
I have one or two of those - they depict the factory as run by designers and not suits, and as a place where artistic flare is more important than economic viability/reality.

Although this was in the 1940s/50s, and may not have been too far from the truth - compared to today, at any rate.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 06:53:04 AM »
Hi Nic,
Sadly my friend cannot help on this one.
However, the Gamage Building itself appears to be leased. So another way of skinning the cat may be to find out who owns it, and try them??
Try the Land Registry. Costs around a fiver to access the details of a property.
Regards,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Online Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 06:58:03 AM »
Thanks for trying, Marcus, as well as the ideas - I'll see what I can track down today.

Did you get my email about this, plus the translation thing?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
I had a search for you too....I use a search engine that combines a lot into one big search. Didnt come up with anything...

One other suggestion, although its time consuming. ...I have been tracing my family tree and you find a lot of information that way. Maybe a check on a Bowman family tree might give up some information. Occupations and anecdotes and all sorts are listed on the trees.

Trudy
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand