No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: BLACK GLASS VASE I.D. help??? - ID = France  (Read 4436 times)

Offline dianneM

• Members
BLACK GLASS VASE I.D. help??? - ID = France
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »
Hello, I'm brand new to a glass board and am groping my way about. I'm an eBay seller and have a vase I can't identify. Does anyone know the maker?  http://home.iprimus.com.au/dipickering/ebay/01/deervs1.jpg It appears to be sand blasted leaving the reindeer glossy. The inside is also glossy. It's very well made. This is the base  http://home.iprimus.com.au/dipickering/ebay/01/deervs1.jpg I'd love some help. Thank you Dianne.  

Offline dianneM

• Members
Re: BLACK GLASS VASE I.D. help???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
Hello again, I was racing and didn't read your reply properly I'll attach the photos of the vase now. Sorry Dianne.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »
Hi Di, just giving this a bump. Firstly, are you certain the piece is glass?

If it is definitely glass, I'm *guessing* that the deer pattern would have been coated in wax, then the rest etched with acid. Hopefully this post will prompt someone who knows better.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Yes it is glass. I have two similar vases done in the same technique but with geometric decoration - from France.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand