No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tumbler glasses?? - ID = Snowflake, China  (Read 4236 times)

Offline ckscot

• Members
Tumbler glasses?? - ID = Snowflake, China
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:10:18 PM »
I bought four of these recently at auction and they look very like ones shown in a magazine advert reproduced in Andy McConnell's book on 20c Glass.  That would make them from the Koralli range by Tamara Aladin at Riihmaki in the 1970s.  The ones in the book look completely straight sided whereas mine have slightly bevelled sides otherwise the same. 11 cm high,, 6.5 cm wide. Can anyone confirm the make for me please?

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7439
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7438
Iain

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Riihimaki Tamara Aladin Koralli glasses??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »
These have been up a few times recently - they're drinking glasses from a Chinese-made lemonade set. The name of the company was mentioned in one of the threads, but the name eludes me. Sunshine Glass or somesuch.

I would do a search, but my internet's playing up and everything's moving at a crawl.  >:(

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:40:45 PM »
Nic, you've beaten me to it - I keep seeing these coming up on eBay with a matching jug and more usually misdescribed as Holmegaard.  These glasses are the wrong shape for the Koralli ones - I also think they're modern Chinese production.

Offline ckscot

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
Thanks for your speedy replies guys.  Chinese eh? I might have known!  Fortunately for me I didn't pay much for them.  I guess they'll end up at a car boot sometime soon.....
regards, Iain
Iain

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
Snowflake's the name - well, at least they are sold somewhere under the brand Snowflake!

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 02:17:07 PM »
Snowflake! That's the one. And not Sunshine.  ;D

Well, they're both weathery things - and both start with 's'. It's close enough.  :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand