No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Opalescent Duck  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Murano Opalescent Duck
« on: June 24, 2007, 03:32:53 AM »
I am posting this from the glass board as I was advised I may receive more specific information on thos baord. I picked up this Opalescent Duck * I believ it's Murano.  I know it looks blue & it is slightly blue, but it's Opalescent all the way & it reacts like crazy to black light exposure. It has decent size at 8 1/2" heigth & 6 1/2" length. I saw some Seguso opalescent that lloks like this, but I do not know if they made a Duck. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Ken

http://www.glasstreasurechest.com/catalog/images/opalescentduck.jpg

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Murano Opalescent Duck
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
I was a bit reluctant to write anything, because I really don't know who did your duck. I thought I might be able to write something to help you find out, however. If I am looking at the picture right, the duck appears to be holding its wings down at its side. Fratelli Toso did several similar birds, but the ones that have wings like your duck tend to have the wings up above the back. Several of the Seguso pieces with this type of wing have the wings held down by the side.

Many Italian and other companies made cased birds. Your duck does look Italian to me, but I cannot be sure of the company. The only thing I can say is probably not Fratelli Toso and maybe Seguso. I hope someone else can add a little more.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Murano Opalescent Duck
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Thank you Anita...thats actually very helpful. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk