No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Female Sculpture  (Read 1395 times)

Offline bakonychris

• Members
Murano Female Sculpture
« on: June 15, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »
Hi,
I would be phantastic if any of you Murano exports can identify the manufacturer or the artist of this beautiful item. The sculpture is about 37 cm high and very heavy. The polished glass with blue and blue/green somerso technique has a really many gold inclusions (the big base is completly filled).
I've searched a lot on the web, found only some a little similar.
The seller (he bought the item at venice for a very high price) told me, that there was a label (murano) on it, but his wife removed it.
Thank you so much in advice.
Chris
I've attached 3 photos in Glass Queries - murano female sculpture 1-3
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7472

Sorry for my unperfect English

Offline Sue C

• Members
Re: Murano Female Sculpture
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »
Hi,

I've seen items like this for sale in Murano in the last few years. I don't know who makes them. You might want to peruse websites that sell new Murano products - you might see something similar or even identical.

Offline bakonychris

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi Laura,

I've looked many websites selling murano glass and found only the 3 or 4 famous and wellknown artist making big sculptures.
This one must be at least minium ten years old (or more) - in the earlier 90ties changing the owner.

Many regards
Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand