No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sowerby Glass Pendant  (Read 1154 times)

Offline RoynMargaret

• Members
    • Decorative  Collectables
Sowerby Glass Pendant
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:35:34 PM »
I get asked the strangest things ...

"Dear Cornucopia!

I was wondering if perhaps you could help me? I am trying to track down a Sowerby Glass pendant: it is small and turquoise with a moon face carved into it. I believe that they were originally used to decorate the tops of caviar spoons. I would be most gratefull for any information you could give me on where to locate one of these! It is my Aunt's Birthday later this year and she recently broke hers, thus I am looking to replace it!

Kind Regards

Marianne Le Coyte"

Can anyone help please?
We have changed our trading style and name to Decorative Collectables. Our prime glass activities may now be seen here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Decorative-Collectables-UK?_rdc=1

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RoynMargaret

• Members
Re: Sowerby Glass Pendant
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:17:56 AM »
We'll take that as a "No", then.  ;D I'm not surprised - do you think it is a wind-up?  >:D
We have changed our trading style and name to Decorative Collectables. Our prime glass activities may now be seen here:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »
I'm not aware of Sowerby ever making Jewelery or anything to do with caviar spoons. But I don't know much.

I heard through the grapevine somewhere that Davidsons made Cloud or Slag glass jewelery.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »
Hi, if they were used as decoration on caviar spoons, then i would assume one came off and the owner had it made into a pendant, in which case it would be unique as a pendant, how did the owner know it was Sowerby?.
Ask them if they still have the original brocken piece and if you can have a photo.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline RoynMargaret

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »
Thanks. I have written back as suggested, but I think the matter will fizzle out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand