No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano green frosted striped vase?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Murano green frosted striped vase?
« on: April 28, 2006, 10:00:33 PM »
Hi, I bought this vase which I think is Murano.

The 8 white stripes can be felt clearly above the glass but are also sunk into glass as well. It has a broken pontil as you can see. The foot has been applied seperately and the vase measures approx 12.50 inches high.

Any ideas of maker, age, etc?

Thanks.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:51:33 PM »
I love the way the vase turns green near the top.

I'm undecided on it's age so far. Recent or old? There's a bit of ware to the base and it was very dusty on the inside. A few scratches and most of them I removed with a pencil rubber. Still needs cleaning on the outside as it has some sort of white residue on it which just comes off with a rubber, so far.

BTW, OTT, I'm having a little holiday for three days in Hexham soon. It's a four star hotel and I've never been on holiday before like this so I'm feeling a bit nervous. The strange thing is I'm only interested in the car boots and charity shops not the sauna's or golf courses etc.  :roll:  :lol:

So you won't see any of my serious comments for three hole days.  :D
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »
It doesn't strike me as Murano ....but maybe Italian.
Looks quite nicely made.

A broken pontil on this kind of foot could indicate a number of things - not necessarily bad...ie small studio production for example.
Pete

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »
Thanks Peter.  :)  

I don't usually go for green (not outside of a car anyway) but I think it deserves a place of it's own. One for the cabinet I think 8)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Murano green frosted striped vase?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »
Bump.

Maybe this one should be moved to the glass section?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand