No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Knobbly vase, triple 'beak' NOT Whitefriars! Czech/German?  (Read 3641 times)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
I recently submitted this vase to 'Isit Whitefriars' and the consensus seems to be no.

KNOBBLY

It was suggested that it could be Czech or German origin, c.1960s, but can anyone confirm this, or provide a maker/age?

Apologies for the poor photo but I always have problem photographing red glass — but I'll start another thread for that so please don't answer here.  :wink:

David :mrgreen:
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Knobbly vase, triple 'beak' NOT Whitefriars! Czech/German?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 07:23:47 PM »
I think IVMHO, there is a chance this could be Chalet Glass, I think it's one of those shapes that are hard to pin down (probably someone'll prove me wrong now and tell you exactly what you've got...  :lol: )  

This is still a great site to check when you're unsure anyway, no harm done.   :D

http://www.mblaisgallery.com/dynamic/artists/Chalet_Art_Glass_Glass.asp
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:51:36 PM »
Thanks, Max. I was aware of this site as I had to tell them some time ago that the nice Flygsfors Coquille they had listed there was NOT Murano! I just looked again and it's still listed there incorrectly... see #568 at the bottom of the page  :?

I'm also led to believe that the Chalet Glass company used to be called, rather confusingly, Murano Glass Company (or similar) during the early 1960s so could be very misleading. Can anyone confirm this?

David  :mrgreen:

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 12:32:03 AM »
Hi David,

Yes, Ivo can confirm ... the former "Murano Glass" name ... it's listed in his handy Glass Fact File book. In fact, it is listed as "Murano Glass Inc.", but I don't suppose the "Inc." was (or is) used very much by sellers.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 10:29:34 AM »
Thanks for that, Kev – I have Ivo's book so should have checked myself really!  :oops:

David :mrgreen:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand