No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandinavian? But Who?  (Read 2936 times)

Anonymous

Scandinavian? But Who?
« on: May 30, 2005, 02:46:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

I picked up these two vases today but I don't know who made them. Orrefors? The tall one is 7 1/4" tall and has what I think says "U3048" on the bottom. The little tiny miniature one is only 3 1/4" tall and I can't read the first numbers but the last ones are "2298" I think! I can't seem to get a picture of the numbers, I can try again tomorrow. I know this isn't much to go on but if someone could just tell me what to look for maybe I could get this right. Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks! CathyG

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/glass47/orrefors.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/glass47/crystalnumbers.jpg

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Scandinavian? But Who?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 06:21:31 AM »
if you have a flatbed scanner you can use that to blow up the sigs - works better than the best camera as long as the scribble is on a flat surface.

The signatures do not necessarily come from a glass manufacturer - especially Kosta supplied lots of blanks for individual engravers.  I agree they would be Swedish. I have an identical piece (the small one) somewhere, which is Orrefors (Of#xxxx); the larger one could be Johansfors or Kosta...

Offline CathyG

• Members
Scandinavian? But Who?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
Thanks Ivo!

CathyG
Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia