No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Incalmo Technique? - Venini EggTimers + More  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Incalmo Technique? - Venini EggTimers + More
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »
Have a look at Javier's website! He's got some super pieces

I want VENINI!!   :evil:  :evil:  <stamps very tiny and elegant foot>

As an irrelevant footnote, the lovely Peter had a piece of glass that made me get all emotional....It was a cased bowl with layers of lattimo and bubbles in white, gold and PINK!   I said, between blubbing, that it was like 'a baby's ear'.  Mind you, it'd be a blooming BIG baby, as it was HUGE!   :lol:  :lol:
I am not a man

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »
Quote from: "Max"
bubbles in white, gold and PINK!   I said, between blubbing, that it was like 'a baby's ear'.  

In that case, you'll *love* the Archimede Seguso 'Bollicine' bowl / plate  on Javier's site  

It ain't an ear, but it's quite 'anatomical' - IMHO  :roll:  :oops: - and totally gorgeous  :shock:  :oops:  :roll:  :oops:  :shock:      

Leni
Leni

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »
On the topic of incalmo, I wonder if anyone can help me out with this piece ?

I've recently bought this piece on Ebay (in fact it's in the post at the moment) and wondered if anyone is able to hazard an attribution ?

It resembles (to my entirely unbiased eyes  :twisted: !) the picture of two glasses by Riccardo Liccata on Angela's site http://www.glass.co.nz/Venini.htm - half way down.

Thoughts anyone ?

Taylog1 (Gareth)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:11:35 PM »
Interesting piece of glass Taylog.  

You might (correct me if I'm wrong here) get more attention for your item if you start a new thread.  Otherwise it's possible only the people 'watching' this thread will see it.

If I'm right, perhaps Frank could move this?  :)
I am not a man

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »
Hi Cathy and Max,  
Thanks for the comments on the Vase. I am not sure about attribution yet, but think it is a Seguso piece because of the colors used.

And Max, on Venini pieces, I do have other Signed pieces but they arent for sale :wink: I think they are too nice to give up at the moment.

Hi Taylog1
Cool vase, is it controlled bubbles inside the white?
You can certainly post it on a new thread, just let me know and I can change it.

Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand