Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Opaline(ish) to the outside, purple to the inside... help with ID please  (Read 417 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Hi everyone, firstly this vase isn't mine but I was asked if I'd post it up for someone who was having trouble in getting the photographs loaded - apologies to Kevin for not getting this posted up sooner.  Anyway, click the links below to see his vase - he says it's a sort of opaline glass to the outside, purple to the inside and is 9.5in tall.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7615
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7614

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Just wondering if perhaps this might be Italian and I should have put it up on the Murano board?   ???

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
    • old website
I think you're @ the right place here.  Could be Italian (never say never) of course - but looks rather like zinc oxide glass to me. That is the glass type that strikes colour/opacity when reheated. A typial tech glass from eastern Europe, perhaps Poland but more likely Ukraine or Russia. And ooooff, what a colour combo!
Ivo
► BLUE HENRY ◄
 New Book: The Almost Forgotten Story of the Blue Glass Sputum Flask

all texts and pictures (c) Ivo Haanstra.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
hmmm very interesting - thanks a lot for that Ivo.  Kevin (the owner) is reading this thread and I'm sure he'll really appreciate your input.  I agree about the colour combo - it's very unusual and extremely decorative - a nice piece of glass, Kevin says it's heavy and feels very good quality.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand