No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Opaline(ish) to the outside, purple to the inside... help with ID please  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Hi everyone, firstly this vase isn't mine but I was asked if I'd post it up for someone who was having trouble in getting the photographs loaded - apologies to Kevin for not getting this posted up sooner.  Anyway, click the links below to see his vase - he says it's a sort of opaline glass to the outside, purple to the inside and is 9.5in tall.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7615
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7614

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Just wondering if perhaps this might be Italian and I should have put it up on the Murano board?   ???

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I think you're @ the right place here.  Could be Italian (never say never) of course - but looks rather like zinc oxide glass to me. That is the glass type that strikes colour/opacity when reheated. A typial tech glass from eastern Europe, perhaps Poland but more likely Ukraine or Russia. And ooooff, what a colour combo!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
hmmm very interesting - thanks a lot for that Ivo.  Kevin (the owner) is reading this thread and I'm sure he'll really appreciate your input.  I agree about the colour combo - it's very unusual and extremely decorative - a nice piece of glass, Kevin says it's heavy and feels very good quality.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand