No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Textured Vases with large eye pattern - Oberglas, Austria  (Read 17848 times)

Offline Adam

• Glass Professional
  • Members
  • Sowerby 1949-56, Davidson 1956-61, Jobling 1961-72
Textured Vases with large eye pattern - help with identity
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:07 PM »
Be patient with me - I still want to try and clear up any misunderstandings re press and blow (and blow and blow if you want) but meanwhile, Peter, where please did I talk about "hard molding"?  The expression means nothing to me and I can't imagine a typo which would have produced this.

Adam D

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 11:26:21 PM »
Sorry but I think the whole thread becomes pointless when we cannot see what we are talking about

I don't trust anything but my own server now

To avoid confusion, I presume this is the vase being talked about?

High Res http://publish.hometown.aol.co.uk/blackcatgla/images/ober%20eye.jpg

Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
(I've posted this in another thread where I've asked about my own similar vase - I thought it would be prudent to also post this new information in this thread).

Aha - now we might have an answer - this has just come up for sale on eBay ...

CLICK HERE

with an Oberglas, Austria sticker on it - so assuming the sticker is kosher is it now safe to assume that Anne's two vases and my dumpier one are Oberglas?

Offline px

• Members
Re: Textured Vases with large eye pattern - Oberglas, Austria
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
Just for the record - there's been several on the market with Oberglas stickers since then, but here's one in a presumably original box on sale on an Austrian site:
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/antiquitaeten-sammlungen-kunst/oberglas-vase-gloria-70er-jahre-128796985/ Mod: Link dead

So the name of this design would be "Gloria" !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand