No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I can't make out this signature - ID = Carl Radke  (Read 6057 times)

Offline lhazeldahl

• Members
I can't make out this signature - ID = Carl Radke
« on: May 30, 2005, 02:14:07 AM »
Hello, again, and I'd like to tell you how much I appreciate you good people.  This vase (?) is a little cutie, there is a signature on the bottom that I hope someone can decypher, I sure can''t.  Anything you can tell me is gratefully heeded.

Linda

http://tinypic.com/5fqfyv
http://tinypic.com/5fq741
http://tinypic.com/5fq8og
http://tinypic.com/5fq8u9

I am determined to be happy in whatever situation I may be in--for I have learned from experience that the greater part  of happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not our circumstances.
You can't hurt your eyes by looking on the bright side...

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
I can't make out this signature
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:19:37 AM »
Carl Radke is a very talented and experienced silver lustre glass artist from Harmony, California. He has given new life to this lost art that was introduced by Tiffany in 1881. The presence of his lustrous creations have graced many important private collections. His work has been displayed in various galleries & exhibitions over the last 20 years and his glass has become highly collectable.

http://www.phoenixartglass.com/
Pete

Offline lhazeldahl

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
Yes, thanks for the link,  the man is awsome!  

I am sorry to hear of his medical problems, I have to ask this; Would this piece he signed be of any value to him should there be another charity event?   In trying to find homes for all these wonderful treasures that came under my care, I can't think of a more fitting situation than this.  
   It is probably my vivid imagination, but it seems like, sometimes, the glass itself decided where it will go........this feels like one of those times.

I would like to know what the four marks on the bottom are.  What makes this vase so different and unique?  I can't quite put my finger on it.
Is it a vase?  Thanks so much for your time.

Linda

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:33:06 AM »
 Linda, What a beautiful thought, you put me quite to shame. I keep forgetting you have to pay for medical treatment in the states. I dread the day that   >:D principle becomes the norm over here! I shall have to find a way of treating myself to something!

You seem to have acquired a truly fabulous collection of glass! Whoever put it all together really knew what they were doing. Do please take your time over finding out all about it, as I'm sure the more you find out, the more you will love and appreciate it. Please don't go rushing into disposing of things you might regret later!
Warmest thoughts to you,   ;D Sue
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline lhazeldahl

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 04:13:03 PM »
Good Morning,
   I feel very lucky to have you come to my aid, and Sue,  I will be VERY careful in disbursing this glass.  ( and alot of other things).  I have already learned from my mistakes!  Most of what I have given away was to people who added to their own collections, dolls, figurines, etc. and to people who truly appreciated it.  Now, my sister promptly took what I gave her to the pawn shops.  Gee, if I had known, I would have at least bought them from her myself!   :roll:

I can't keep everything, but I really love this little vase.  (is it a vase? is it missing a stopper?  How old is it?)  

I have been at this project for 3 years now,  and I'm ready to sell stuff.  I really need another bathroom!!  Or at least a tub that has jets.  I am now looking for message boards for silver and paintings.  The source of these pieces of history came from three generations of women who appraised and collected.  

My heart belongs to the glass, tho.

I really need advise on insurance, altho I want to keep this little sweetie, I need to know value. I am basically a rookie here, do you know of any sites that are good for evaluating? I feel lucky to have this board, as I can find out what these different pieces are called, and there is too much to take to the appraisal sites, financially speaking.

I have browsed the Phoenix Glass site nonstop ever since you told me about it.....what a fantasy land! I could get lost in there! I am going to California in September for my daughter's wedding, and I will try to plan a visit, I'm sure I can do that. Anyone want to go to California with me?!?!?!?

Linda

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: I can't make out this signature
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
Image reinstatement requested by email
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline lhazeldahl

• Members
Re: I can't make out this signature
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:54:03 AM »
Dear Glass Message Board Members,
     I am so very sorry that it has taken me so long to get these pictures of the Carl Radke to you, there are lots of reasons, but no excuse!
     I fully intend posting better pics, these are from my cell phone, and just don't fill the bill.   I sincerely hope these pics are loaded right, if not, please let me know and I'll try to correct them.  I am "photographically challenged" , I have a very nice camera and not a clue as to how to use it!  I will keep at it, tho, I'll "get it" sooner or later.

Missing you,
Linda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand