No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: whitefriars drunken  (Read 1386 times)

Offline RAY

• Members
whitefriars drunken
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
someone's very busy knocking these out, and the seller has sold a few

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAUTIFUL-ART-GLASS-BRICK-VASE-IN-ROYAL-BLUE_W0QQitemZ160133074610
cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: whitefriars drunken
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 09:40:25 PM »
Hi Ray, yes I've been aware of these on eBay for a while and it's interesting that the seller isn't claiming them to be WF anymore - I guess that confirms what everyone knew already, that they're modern 'repros' (being kind).  I wonder who's doing them?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
Re: whitefriars drunken
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »
It is well worth looking in on the forums on www.whitefriars.com and www.whitefriars.org for more information on these apparently fake bricklayers.  They seem to be coming from the southwest, particularly Cornwall and are often being sold by the same seller who sell dodgy designer clothes.  I understand that while ebay don't seem to be doing anything about them there may be other investigations under way.
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand