No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed barbini Vase- Technique?  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Signed barbini Vase- Technique?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »
Great news Lenore. Well done! :)

What would be useful is to keep copies of these photos with their confirmed attributions as a reference source in case anyone else asks about the same/similar pieces in future. Could this be done I wonder? Frank, the archived posts seems to have dropped off a bit - perhaps using a different format (like the gallery script I use for my pics) where pictures could be uploaded and attribs recorded either by the uploader or by others as comments.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 07:16:40 PM »
Lenore...it just keeps getting better, how wonderful for you!   :D

Have all the pieces you've posted been collected by yourself?  If so, how long have you been collecting glass for?  If you ever have too much glass and need to offload some...I'm waiting...   :lol:
I am not a man

Offline lenore

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 09:09:39 PM »
Thanks! I am just amazed how both the Venini and Barbini glass factories got back to me.And, so quickly and nicely and w/good info.
Yes, right now I have an overabundance of glass. We collect but also we sell quite a bit on ebay. Would like to take the time to set up our own website for not just selling but to show a gallery of pics of the many pieces we have had. We, especially me, love most all types of glass (excluding brillant cut). Do you think I should go ahead and put these on the market forum and not ebay??? This board is new to me and I am impressed with the knowledge everyone has and their love for glass.
Lenore

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 05:40:34 PM »
Do you think I should go ahead and put these on the market forum and not ebay??? This board is new to me and I am impressed with the knowledge everyone has and their love for glass

There's nothing lost in offering whatever you have to sell on the Market Forum first, at least you'll save auction fees then.  You'll have to have some sort of price in mind though...that's the hard bit!  :D  

Give it 10 days or so, and then you could try Ebay or even an auction house.  It's so exciting selling good stuff...I get very bored selling the usual tat.   :D  :D

Max xx
I am not a man

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 05:41:26 PM »
Oh!  Don't forget to keep the emails, like Anne said, they're worth their weight in gold.   - Max
I am not a man

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 01:45:17 AM »
Lenore, there's the same Barbini vase listed in a last year's auction here... http://www.walkersauctions.com/CSS04gallery6.htm - item 524, and this is the Prices Realised listing for that page in Adobe Reader file format (pdf). It's a Canadian company so I guess the currency will be Canadian$ but it may be worth checking with them anyhow. http://www.walkersauctions.com/CSS04prices.pdf

Hope this helps. :)

By the way if you're looking for a gallery type script to use on a website, check out Coppermine http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/ - it's free to use and very powerful. Alternately you might consider a content management system like GuppY http://www.freeguppy.org/ - again free to use and very easy, powerful and completely customisable.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand