No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help please large Pink glass with opaline foot balloon shaped vase....  (Read 1436 times)

Offline atruheart

• Members
Hi!
Hope someone here may recognize this type of glass. I purchased this from a seller in Australia. This is a large piece. Stands 13.5" in H. Looks like the top is blown. The stem however has 2 mold lines. Interesting to say the least....would like to find someone who know a direction to look for maker and age.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Very much Italian style opaline,  though hard to say if it was made in Murano or in Florence (Empoli region). In the first case it could possibly have been made by Nason. Perhaps the Murano board will produce more detail.

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Compare with the topic on my two ewers with identical feet:- Please help with two lovely pink ewers.

Here, amongst several replies, including a similar view to the one above by Ivo, was one by GMB member heartofglass (Marinka), who noted examples of similar glass with Murano labels.

Re your mould lines, note that I have been told on one of my visits to Murano that pressed glass components are quite usual in Murano glass.   The two examples I was given were the Murano lampwork peacock, which is now made from a pressed glass base to which the lampwork is added.   If it's all lampwork, then it is not Murano.   ... and chandeliers, which contain pressed components.

As Ivo said, once you have given this topic a couple of days airing on the Glass forum, you might find it productive to ask a moderator to tranfer it to the Murano forum.

Bernard C.  8)

ps — Any more opinions on my ewers, anyone?
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline atruheart

• Members
Thank you both for your replys.....I do not know how to ask a mod. to transfer the thread. Can you please tell me how to do that? THANKS so much!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
You just make a wish...   ;)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum