No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Latticino dishes  (Read 2642 times)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Latticino dishes
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:12:55 PM »
You do see these offered on eBay at quite a wide range of prices, but I couldn't say whether these are the 1950s originals or later versions. Here are the five I currently have:

Five Latticino Dishes

Quite fragile, they normally (always?) have latticino, and often with aventurine twists. In the photo the smaller one and the green one do not have aventurine inclusions. All have an indented base with broken pontil mark, but without this book I can't verify them myself.

They are invariably attributed to A.Ve.M, but I would bow to Javier's and Laura's superior knowledge on this subject :wink: and I'd love to know their origin myself!  :)
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Latticino dishes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 05:41:52 PM »
Hey David,
It is very hard to say with certainty without any labels, but Fratelli Toso, Salviati and Avem are the most likely with this little dishes. You might want to research the patterns specifically, or the color canes used to be more precise. The ones by Barbini and Seguso are much more thicker since they are cased in clear glass. The more delicate ones aren't.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Latticino dishes
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 09:08:38 AM »
Thanks Javier, this information should prove a good starting point to anyone trying to identify latticino objects. As a matter of interest, the smaller one in the photo does have thicker, cased glass so I would assume Barbini or Seguso.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand