No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paul Kedelv  (Read 8670 times)

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
Paul Kedelv
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:43:04 AM »
Can any member link me to pictures of  authentic signatures of Paul Kedelv on the  Flygsfors Coquille series. Many thanks.
Carolglass

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Paul Kedelv
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:33:07 AM »

Hi Carolglass,
I don't have a Kedelv signature, but I do have signatures from genuine Coquille pieces.

Flygsfors 57: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7875
Coquille:       http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7874

Found on a really heavy bowl.
I also have a signed vase, but again, no Kedelv signature on that either.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:43:48 PM »
Many thanks Della for the information, your signatures qualify part of my query but the Kedelv part still has me wary on the particular piece I am interested in. You have a stunning collection, puts my glass into perspective I can tell you! Many thanks again regards Carol
Carolglass

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 02:15:32 PM »

Hi again, Carolglass,
Here is a Kedelv signature for you to see: http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/1981 Just scroll sown a little.

Thank you for your compliments too  ;D The photos are only a small amount of my collection, but the total amount of the shapes that I have, up to now. I have different sizes and colours of most of the vases pictured. I think that the name for it is "addiction."  :P
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
Except I wouldn't be terribly convinced that Flygsfors and Kedelv were engraved by the same person

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »

Hi Christine,  ;D

I would have thought the same too, had I not got a vase where the Coquille and the Flygsfors 57 seemed to have been engraved by different hands. I can't say that the one I linked too is definitely signed by Kedelv, but between 1949-56 pieces were signed Kedelv and Flygsfors + date. As this one is signed 55 and the Flygfors is definitely right, I would assume that Kedelv is right too.

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »
Hi Della, Cristine,

I'm interested by this...I have'nt had many Flygsfors pieces so am not qualified to comment really but keen to learn.....the marks on the linked site looks very clumsy - very different from yours Della - is thier piece a known Kedelv design?

The Flygsfors marks I have seen are flowing and not stuttering and stiff like that one. Does the area around the 'Kedelv' look cleaner and with a different grinding direction to the rest of the base shown??

If I saw that I'm sure I would be suspicious, would I be wrong?  ???

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 04:50:15 PM »
Hi Martyn,
Yes, this is definitely a known Flygsfor design. I mentioned that I had a vase where the signatures are not made by the same hand either, or maybe by someone who was having a bad day, but they are definitely right. Here are the signatures on my vase, and you can see what I mean.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7886
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-7885

The ones that I showed in the post above (not the one signed Kedelv) are on the underside of a bowl, which is mine btw.  ;)

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
Such a wealth of information on this board from some very generous member sharing their knowledge. This has raised some pertinant questions-when did flygsfors change from script to capitals or viceversa in their I.D.'s The object of my desire has capitals for flygsfors 55 and kedelv. Thanks again regards Carol
re the post for modernist glass I know Peter and Viv also Glen very well and their items are usually true to type.
Carolglass

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 09:55:15 PM »

I can't answer that, sorry, but I can say that I haven't seen Flygsfors written in capital letters. I have seen it written in lower case (non-script) letters. That doesn't mean that capitals weren't used however, but I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to give you an answer. I wish that I could be of more help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand